Let’s worship the Lord our God.
SUNDAY, MAY 31, 2020
(For the Children’s worship, click here)
We’re glad you are participating in this worship service this morning, whether alone or with others. We hope the elements on this webpage will help you focus on and be engaged with God.
PREPARE FOR WORSHIP
• Make arrangements with others in the family or in Zoom groups to gather for worship.
• Be intentional about the time and space by getting out of bed, changing out of your pajamas, removing any food or snacks, turning off your extra electronic or digital devices. Dedicate your place to worship God.
• Each person should have a Bible available.
• There’s no need to rush through any of the worship elements.
• Whether you’re alone or with others, we encourage everyone to do everything “out loud”. Read scripture out loud, pray out loud, and sing out loud. God is blessed to hear the voices of His people!
A CALL TO WORSHIP
Please read Psalm 103:11-14.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his faithful love toward those who fear him.
12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.
14 For he knows what we are made of, remembering that we are dust.
WORSHIP IN PRAISE
• Lift up prayers of acknowledgement, adoration and praise, and elaborate as the Spirit leads.
• “Almighty God, I acknowledge …”
• “Because You are my Forgiver, …”
• “You are compassionate toward me …”
• “I am only dust before You …”
WORSHIP IN SONG
Bless God and each other as you sing along out loud to the songs linked below.
PASTORAL PRAYER & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Pray and consider a way you can give to the Lord. Here are some examples:
• Write and send 6 notes or letters to individuals who can really receive some encouragement at this time.
• Use the currencies of time and energy—serve a neighbor or an elderly person, or volunteer with a relief agency like a food bank or mission.
• Give financially to the church, which can be done by postal mail, online or text. Instructions can be found at our website, fcbc.la/give. Your offering can be directed to a general fund or to a specific outreach ministry used to meet needs of our Chinatown community.
• Please read and meditate on 1 Thessalonians 2:1-12.
God bless you this week!
“May the Lord cause you to increase and overflow with love for one another and for everyone… May he make your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all his saints. Amen.” (1 Thessalonians 3:12-13)