– – – – –
UPDATE: Friday, 3/20/2020
In times like these, we covet your participation in praying together as the body of Christ. Beginning this coming Wednesday (3/25), we will conduct church virtual prayer meetings via Zoom from 8:00 – 9:00 pm.
For English-speaking, please click: https://zoom.us/j/786168954
or dial 1-408-638-0968, then follow the prompts to enter the meeting ID 786168954#
For Cantonese-speaking (no English translation), please click: https://zoom.us/j/3315568248
or dial 1-408-638-0968, follow the prompts to enter the meeting ID 3315568248#
For Mandarin-speaking, please click: https://zoom.us/j/8690703777
or dial 1-408-638-0968, follow the prompts to enter the meeting ID 8690703777#
Zoom meeting tips:
• Before joining a Zoom meeting for the first time on your computer or mobile device, click the “Join” link to download and install the “Zoom.us” app. (Please watch this video on how to join Zoom meetings, you will be taken to the Zoom website.)
• Make sure you are on “mute” when you join the meeting. The mic icon to mute/unmute is at the bottom of the screen.
Giving: As for your tithing and offering, please use e-giving or hold on to it until the “Safer at Home” order is lifted.
Church Office Hours: Due to new orders issued by the governor of California and local public health officials just today (Friday), our church office and campus is closed for church business and ministries until further notice. If you call the church office during office hours (M-F, 9 am to 6 pm), we will do our best to answer your call and assist you. If you or anyone you know has a critical need, please call your shepherding minister directly or contact our pastors at fcbc.la/contact.
– – – – –
UPDATE: Thursday, 3/19/2020
Dear FCBCLA Family,
Gatherings: All in-person gatherings must be suspended at this time due to advisory from CDC (cdc.gov) and local public health departments. This includes small groups, fellowships, and other gatherings outside of your family. Please consider the vulnerable population as you make decisions to travel outside of your home.
Pray: This is the most important work we can do at this time. This is the one task that remains unchanged. Pray with your families. Pray every hour. Pray to our Heavenly Father who hears us and cares for us.
Loving Our Neighbors: We thank God for many in our church family who have stepped up to serve and love those around us (such as buying groceries for the elderly, calling each other, etc.). If you have needs or ideas on meeting the needs of others, please reach out to email@example.com
Pastors will remain available to shepherd and walk with our church family through it all. We are here to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us at fcbc.la/contact.
Office Hours may be adjusted in the days ahead due to advisories from governing authorities. Please call (213) 687-0814 before visiting.
Giving: If you wish to give, you may use the following ways:
Mail checks to 942 Yale St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
Drop off at church office. Please call (213) 687-0814 before visiting.
– – – – –
UPDATE: Tuesday, 3/17/2020
Let us pray together for God’s intervention and protection against the COVID-19 virus.
Join us for Prayer Meeting online or telephone conferencing on Wednesday, 7:45 pm
Meeting ID: 331 556 8248
– – – – –
UPDATE: Sunday, 3/15/2020
Our mobile app may be having technical difficulties. Please visit us on the web at fcbc.org
– – – – –
UPDATE: Saturday, 3/14/2020
– – – – –
Dear FCBCLA Brothers and Sisters and Regular Attenders,
As you may be aware of the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19, the state and county public health officials have advised large gatherings to be limited at this time. This afternoon, our Response Team was part of a teleconference call with the LA County Public Health for faith-based organizations that strongly emphasized the need to comply. Therefore, the Pastoral Staff and our Response Team, after prayerfully seeking the Lord’s will and direction, have decided to suspend all worship services and church activities on the church campus effective March 13, 2020. This will be in effect until March 31, 2020, unless further extended. We will closely monitor the situation and keep our church family informed.
In this season, we hope to emphasize that we are taking these actions out of love for our neighbors and each other. We pray that God would have mercy on all who are affected, those who are vulnerable, and our frontline responders. We would also like to encourage you to reach out to one another and to consider how we may love our neighbors. May we extend the love and peace of Christ to those around us. Above all, let us pray earnestly for God to deliver us and glorify the name of Jesus Christ!
We would like for our church family to take the following steps:
- Stay updated through our FCBCLA website, app and Facebook page. http://www.fcbc.org
- All smaller gatherings of less than 20 people may continue to meet away from the church campus but are encouraged to be modified to reduce exposure and spread of the illness. There is still a need for fellowship and care for each other during this season. Be creative in reaching out to each other and gathering together. If you are well enough and low-risk (to your family and others), please consider meeting together in small groups in homes. If this is a concern, please reach out to our pastors for suggestions. You can conduct meetings via online platforms, virtual bible studies, family worship times, home prayer meetings, and gather together to view our weekly videos that will be released for your use to worship God.
- Weekly videos and content will be released for your use to worship God. We will do our best to serve the ministry of the Word and prayer to our church family.
- The church office will remain open with modified hours. Please call before you visit. The pastors remain available to serve you and pray for you in any way. These are stressful times, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Lastly, if you or a family member, has been found positive, presumptive positive, or may have come in contact with someone with COVID-19, please inform your fellowship/small group leader or pastor immediately.
We understand that these may be fearful times, but may it strengthen our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and deepen our love for one another and those around us. Always remember, these may be uncertain times, but we serve an unchanging God.
FCBCLA Pastoral Staff
PDF copy of this notice: click here