The Children’s Ministry cares for all the “little ones” from the Infants up to the 5th grade. Our mission is to provide age-level appropriate activities and Bible based teaching which develop the child’s relationship to God, family members, and others. We strive to lead each child to Christ and to mold their character and behavior to be more and more like Jesus. Every effort is made to assure the environment is safe and enjoyable.
JUNIOR WORSHIP SCOPE & SEQUENCE
- Uncle Tolman & Auntie Helen’s retirement message
- Joint Service:
- Honor Uncle Tolman and Auntie Helen; final message by Uncle Tolman
- Chinese New Year Celebration & Activities
- Joint Activity
- Have a devotional about Christ and Culture and have a different Chinese New Year celebration activities (booths, dress up/pictures, fun games)
- Chinese New Year – Uncle Tolman’s last Sunday
February 5, 12, & 19
- Famous Couples
- Samson & Delilah
- Kids will learn what happens when you do not find a Godly spouse
- Kids will create a checklist of what to look for in a Godly spouse.
- Kids will create a “Valentines” for Jesus. Something to remind them of having God as the first love of their lives.
- Authentic Discipleship
- Fake vs. Real Christians (Matthew 7:15-27
- Joint Sermon
- Kids will learn the difference between “Fake Christians and Real Christians. Introduce the Authentic Discipleship series for future Sundays (Do not worry/do not judge others).
March 5, 12, & 16
- Spiritual Formation
- Do Not Worry (Matthew 6:24-34; Philippians 4:5-7)
- Kids will learn how God teaches us to not worry about things and situations in our lives; but through prayer present our request to God
- Kids will create a bookmark or other craft to remind children how we are not to worry about things.
- Children will create a ‘God Can’ attitude. Kids then write down prayer request they have an put it in a can. Kids will pray for one another over the burdens they have.
- Sin (Romans 3:23)
- Children will learn how all of us need Jesus as the Lord and Savior of our lives because of the problem of sin in our lives