Let’s celebrate Jesus Christ this Easter Sunday!
On Sunday morning, our Worship Service will be posted and available to view any time.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 2, 2020
(For the Children’s worship, click here)
We’re glad you are participating in this worship service this morning, whether alone or with others. We hope the elements on this webpage will help you focus on and be engaged with God.
PREPARE FOR WORSHIP
• Make arrangements with others in the family or in Zoom groups to gather for worship.
• Be intentional about the time and space by getting out of bed, changing out of your pajamas, removing any food or snacks, turning off your extra electronic or digital devices. Dedicate your place to worship God.
• Each person should have a Bible available.
• There’s no need to rush through any of the worship elements.
• Whether you’re alone or with others, we encourage everyone to do everything “out loud”. Read scripture out loud, pray out loud, and sing out loud. God is blessed to hear the voices of His people!
A CALL TO WORSHIP
Please read Romans 5:1-5.
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
We have also obtained access through him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we boast in the hope of the glory of God.
And not only that, but we also boast in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.
This hope will not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
WORSHIP IN PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
Re-read this passage and give praise and thanksgiving to our God as you enter worship. Pray in repeated rounds if you are with others
• “Lord, You are my Good Shepherd because …”
• “I can entrust ____ to You because You are my Good Shepherd.”
WORSHIP IN SONG
• Bless God and each other as you sing along out loud to the songs linked below.
PASTORAL PRAYER & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Pray and consider a way you can give to the Lord. Here are some examples:
• Send hand-written notes or letters to the elderly or anyone considered high-risk in this pandemic.
• Give financially to the church, which can be done by postal mail, online, or text. Instructions can be found at our website, fcbc.la/give. Your offering can be directed to a general fund or to a specific outreach ministry used to meet needs of our Chinatown community.
God bless you this week!
“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)