Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior, the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in newness of life in Christ Jesus. It is a testimony to the believer’s faith in the final resurrection of the dead. Being a church ordinance, it is a prerequisite to the privileges of church membership and to the Lord’s Supper.
Membership & Transfers
The prerequisite for church membership is salvation by grace through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Church members are those who testify to their salvation, are baptized by immersion, and are accepted into membership. All church members shall agree in belief and conduct to abide by and uphold the Constitution and By-Laws of the Church.
The Membership Class is open to anyone who is interested to learn more about FCBCLA. Attendance does not obligate anyone to membership or baptism, however, those who intend to be a member or baptized must have completed the class.
UPCOMING CLASSES: Summer 2022 Fall 2022 Winter 2023
Membership Class enrollment deadline: Jun 8 Aug 28 Nov 27
Whether you are seeking baptism or membership transfer, the process is similar:
- Attend a quarterly membership class to become familiar with FCBCLA.
- Complete an application, submit a written testimony of salvation, and obtain references from three church members.
- Meet with a church pastor or deacon.
- Give your salvation testimony in a church setting.
- Be approved by the church membership.
- Attend a membership reception.
- Be baptized and have the membership recognized by the church.
Dates to Know
|Summer 2022||Fall 2022||Winter 2023|
|Application Deadline||Jul 3||Oct 2||Jan 1|
|Members’ Meeting||Aug 14||Nov 13||Feb 12|
|Baptism & Membership Recognition||Aug 28||Nov 27||Feb 26|