CLICK ON JOB TITLE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Available Job Opportunities
Press Here To Download PDF File: PDF FILE
Children’s Ministry Director (Restoration)
Employment Status and Hours: Non-Exempt, Temporary Part-time for one year
Compensation is commensurate with responsibilities
Reports to: Asian American Church Plant Pastor at Restoration
Typical Work Schedule: Sunday, 1-2 days week, various events and activities on some Saturdays with a
maximum of 15 hours per week.
FCBC-LA is looking for a temporary Children’s Ministry Director to lead and develop the
children’s ministry at Restoration.
Delegated Authority: Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry volunteers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees Children’s Ministry and its development from infant to 5th grade.
2. Equips and trains lay volunteers for Children’s Ministry.
3. Teaches the 2nd-5th grade children’s group.
4. Shepherds the children of the church through prayer, counseling, and teaching.
5. Connects with local elementary schools in the area and attempt to outreach to students.
6. Attends Restoration Leaders Meetings once a month
7. Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Asian American Church Plant Pastor.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education or Child Development or Children’s Ministry Certificate.
1. Worked with children in a supervised and professional environment, i.e. daycare facility, church
facility, school, etc.
2. Children’s ministry volunteer experience teaching children, overseeing and managing
If interested, please contact John Ng at email@example.com
Press here to download PDF File: PDF File
Employment Status and Hours: Exempt; Regular Full-time
Prepared Date: September 2019
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Typical Work Schedule: 40 hours per week; frequent Sunday meetings and activities
Job Summary: Plan, organize, direct, execute, train, develop, and evaluate the music ministry for the church
Delegated Authority: Lead and develop the music ministry programs for all age groups under the supervision and direction of the Senior Pastor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee the music ministry of the church
- Support the Senior Pastor and collaborate with other pastoral staff members to promote the vision and ministry direction of the church
- Assist pastors/ministers in planning Sunday worship services, church-wide celebrations, seasonal programs and events; be responsible for the selection of worship music and personnel
- Responsible for caring, overseeing, recruiting, training and deployment of Music Ministry personnel
- Lead the Music Ministry Team to determine the goal, direction, organization, program, and the annual budget of the Music Ministry
- Assign worship/song leaders, worship teams, song leaders, pianists, organists for worship services, church-wide gathers, and church prayer meetings
- Responsible for Music Ministry administration, copyrights of songs, purchase and maintenance of music, music literature, musical instruments, equipment, choir robes, and other supplies
- Oversee, coordinate/direct all church choirs, musical groups, and orchestra
- Oversee and supervise paid music personnel (e.g. Children’s Choir director, music librarian), and volunteers
- Attend pastoral staff, decons’, members’, and prayer meetings
- Maintain regular working hours, comply with church policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor
As a member of the pastoral staff, this position will have daily contact with the church office staff including maintenance, administrative staff members, and various elected/appointed committees, as well as frequent contact with lay workers. On many occasions, members of the pastoral staff will have contact with third parties on behalf of the church. In all instances, pastoral staff members must maintain professional and spiritual decorum in all contacts and communications (both written and oral) with all parties.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Master’s degree in Church Music from seminary or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge and Work Experience:
- Ministerial experience in North American church desirable
- Prior church music ministry experience a plus
Skills and Requirements:
- Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in keyboard and vocal skills
- Ability to train music personnel
- A good organizer with good communication skills
- Possess good people skills as a shepherd
- Works with individuals and groups as a team player
- Handles problems and conflicts with sound discernment
- Proactive in resolving issues and conflicts
- Personable, approachable, and available
- Compassionate and caring for believers and non-believers
- Encouraging and supportive
- Can lead effectively
- Communicates and acts with integrity
- Initiates, organizes, leads, and delegates
- Sensitivity to the difference of cultures within FCBCLA
- Flexibility to work with different age groups
2. Language Skills
Proficiency in written and verbal English and Cantonese is a must.
Ability to speak Mandarin is desirable.
3. Certification or Licenses
Ordination not required
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Able to operate computer and standard office equipment
- Physically fit to perform duties normally expected of a pastoral staff member
- Acknowledges and agrees to abide by FCBCLA’s Constitution and By-laws and Statement of Faith
- This position is a member of the FCBCLA Pastoral Staff and is supervised by the Senior Pastor
- Born again Christian
- Confirmed calling by God into the Gospel ministry
- Be a godly example
- Humble before the Lord and His people
- Teachable and accountable
- Pursues personal holiness
Salary is commensurate with experience. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this position and not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This job description is subject to change by the church as the needs of the church and the requirements of the job change.